Regulatory Law Solicitors
Reputation is everything. If you are a professional, then it is likely that you have a professional standards board overseeing you. Our team of specialist regulatory solicitors can act for individuals, companies, other such organisations and, in doing so, assist in a variety of ways in each case. This may include where there is a potential regulatory compliance issue that arises, or indeed there is a form of investigation that is taking place.
Professionals are nearly always subject to an existing and evolving code of conduct. We live in a world where a sea of regulation has made it increasingly difficult to keep on top of everything required, and, of course, nobody is perfect.
Common examples of regulatory matters may include professionals with health issues which regulators suggest are an impediment to the professionals’ duties, or a simple dispute over the professionals’ fitness to practice or their competency. Whether the process involves expert instructions, taking statements from relevant parties who may be able to assist or indeed evidencing the ways in which professionals have mitigated any professional breach, it will be our aim to try and achieve the best possible outcome for you.
There are a number of things that we can do to assist clients should problems with a professional regulator exist. With a bank of experts at our disposal, we can help navigate you through the process and try and achieve a favourable outcome on your behalf. This will often, but not always, involve obtaining expert opinion with a view to obtaining reports that may assist.
Get in touch with our specialist regulatory solicitors
Contact us to set up your free 10-minute initial consultation. We can:
- Provide specialist advocacy services, including robust representation at court and tribunals and utilising our experts’ register to help you handle all manner of regulatory issue.
- Assist with Judicial review proceedings to challenge decisions by public bodies, including many regulatory bodies.
- Provide tailored advice about generally navigating regulatory laws, rules and implementing regulatory compliance procedures.
How our regulatory lawyers can help you
The range of professionals that our regulatory defence lawyers can assist includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Legal Executives
- Social Workers
The types of regulatory affairs we can assist with include:
- Academic Misconduct
- Alcohol and entertainment licensing
- Disclosure and Barring Service appeals
- DVLA and medical revocation appeals
- Insurance Cases
- Security Industry Authority action
- Seizures by Border Force and HMRC
- Sports regulation
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Licence Appeals
- Trading Standards Investigations
- HMRC Tax Investigations
- Health and Safety Prosecutions
We have in house Solicitor-Advocates who have provided advocacy before Juries, Crown Court Judges, District Judges and Magistrates. We also have access to an experts’ register of Barristers that we can use for advocacy services on your behalf as well. You can therefore proceed confidently knowing that any advocate that is assigned to assist you would have experience of high-pressure situations beyond the scope and severity of regulatory hearings.
Appeals processes are available at relevant tribunals or courts and we can appear on your behalf in order to try and protect your interests and gain you a favourable outcome. Some of these include the following:
- Competence committees
- Registration appeals panels
- Interim orders committees
- The Care Standards Tribunals
- Professional conduct committees
You are entitled to challenge the decisions of emanations of the state, which often include regulators, provided that there are grounds to do so. Some of the grounds of relevance may be:
- Procedural impropriety/unfairness
Should it also be required, our regulatory legal solicitors can advise you on the concept and hurdles applicable to Judicial Review.
Get in touch with our specialist regulatory solicitors in London
Contact us to set up your free 10-minute initial consultation. We can provide expert regulatory defence advice to reduce risk and protect your reputation.